This is a wake-up call for every full-size pickup out there.
The Ford F-150. A full-size pickup truck like never before. So you can work like never before.
1. High-strength, military-grade, aluminum-alloy body and high-strength steel frame. Less weight, yet greater strength.
2. Best towing: 12,200 lbs.
3. Best payload: 3,270 lbs.
4. Accelerates Faster. F-150 is now up to 700 lbs. lighter. Which means it can accelerate faster than ever before.
Aluminum-alloy body and steel frame
Over 10 million miles of cumulative testing in the making.
- Class-exclusive cab and box fabricated from high-strength, military grade, aluminum alloys
- Fully boxed frame with eight crossmembers (five through-welded) made of up to 78 percent 70,000-psi high-strength steel (up from 23 percent in the 2014 F-150 frame). Up to 60 lbs. lighter than the previous generation with state-of-the-art roll-forming process that minimizes weight
- Vehicle weight up to 700 pounds lighter than the previous generation, resulting in better fuel efficiency, greater towing and payload capacities, improved power-to-weight ratio for faster acceleration, enhanced handling and braking responsiveness
The safest Ford F-150 ever
- 5-Star overall crash test rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, thanks to 31 safety-related innovations
- Safety starts with the frame’s high-strength steel. A fully boxed frame features eight crossmembers (five through-welded) made of up to 78 percent high-strength steel (up from 23 percent in the previous generation)
- Features an advanced restraint system with dual-stage airbags, Curve Control to help drivers stay on their intended path, and available inflatable rear safety belts in SuperCrew® models – a segment-first innovation